Regular readers may remember the hoddie I customised for Noah and the great Manscaping fabric I used. Luckily I had a bit left so I set about making another hoodie, this time for a gorgeous little boy I know called Bertie.
|The finished back|
|The customised pockets|
Now first things first, Bertie is a bit too long to spell out in appliqué on a tiny toddler hoodie so I had to have another strategy. Thinking carefully I decided to find a hoodie that didn’t already have pockets and found a great purple one with contrasting shoulder patches.
Like before I made a panel for the back of the hoodie, however for the front I added two pockets instead. I used Christmas wrapping paper for the patterns as I didn't have any proper pattern paper to hand!
|Cutting out the pocket pieces|
|Measuring the back panel|
|Deciding where to place the pockets|
This was really easy, and since few toddler have lots to carry around in their day-to-day life it was more a case of making them look good rather than providing strong storage pockets.
|Pockets in position|
|Close up on the pockets|
|They are fully functioning!|
The finished result shows how striking contrasting fabrics can be and how a few customised pieces can bring an ordinary piece of clothing to life! I reinforced all the stitching as I went so that it would withstand the rough and tumble of toddler life.
All blog content and photos are Copyright of Charisse Sayers Proofreader & Copywriter www.charisse-sayers.com I welcome all feedback and would love to know your thoughts so please get in touch, comment, share, like and generally get involved!